POST Intrauterine Insemination
1. Soon after the IUI, we will advise you to lie down for at least 15 minutes
2. After 15 minutes, you can empty your bladder
3. Bed rest is NOT necessary at all. A pregnancy occurs if the egg and sperm are functionally competent, and the uterus is normal. A pregnancy is not related to body movement.
4. You can safely perform your household chores
5. If you are working, please continue to do so. Staying at home does not increase the chance of a pregnancy.
6. You can travel after IUI (car/bike/train/flight). Traveling does not affect a pregnancy.
7. Climbing stairs is safe and will not reduce your chance of getting pregnant or increase miscarriage risk.
8. You can go for a walk every day.
9. There is no problem with sitting on the floor. It does not affect pregnancy.
10. Strenuous weightlifting in the gym is to be avoided.
11. We usually advise intercourse soon after the IUI for two to three days
12. Eating a balanced healthy diet is advisable. It is best to avoid excess spice and salt in your food. Please include fresh fruit and plenty of vegetables. There is no clear scientific evidence to avoid – grapes/pineapple/papaya.
13. Eating non vegetarian food (chicken/mutton/fish/eggs) is not contraindicated.
14. Avoid smoking and exposure to cigarette fumes and it is also advisable to avoid alcohol.
15. Continue folic acid until 12 completed weeks of pregnancy
16. If you have been advised any other medication, please check with the clinic if they need to be continued.
17. If you have any concerns, please call us on 8939994244/8939826648