It is so hilarious that we’ve all wondered, “How does M.S Dhoni remain cool under stress” at least once in our lives. Now let’s take you through the reality; college/work life treating you like crap, deadlines piled up on your head, you are clueless about what you want in life, your love life is unstable, your favorite sports team lost an important match, your family is unsupportive, your kid is hyperactive; phew! Deep apologize if this triggered a whole new level of stress in you. But honestly, do you think stressing out will help you overcome the situations mentioned above? Definitely not. (we know you read it in Dhoni’s voice)
Stress has become a normalized issue that every human experience in all walks of life. Yet, the effects of stress on your body can be a considerable setback causing several health issues like panic attacks, headaches, cardiovascular problems, no appetite or stress-eating, lack of concentration, and so on. Whence, here are a few tips that will help you forget all your problems, one at a time.
- A wise man once said, “Music is not to hear, it is to feel” and there’s no denying. It is scientifically proven that melodious songs help ease stress and bring a sense of calmness and peace. Turn up that volume, close your eyes, and drown yourself into the rhythm!
- Move your body! We all know that the pandemic has ruined our routine, but it’s important that you see this as an opportunity to set things right for your body than procrastinating.
- Indulge in self-care every week. Light a scented candle, apply a face mask, soak your feet in hot water, turn on your favorite song while sipping some wine. All the men planning to try this out, you’re going to love it and never blame the ladies anymore.
- Get enough sleep for the love of God. Worrying and stressing about everything is like burying yourself in a trench. Lack of sleep induces the stress hormones to go all crazy, resulting in physical distress.
- Not least of all, enjoy the little things in life. Take a deep breath and smile every time you’re stuck. As much as it sounds comical, it sure helps.
There are many other ways to be stress-free and we will absolutely come up with crazy new ones soon, so stay tuned. With that being said, stress is just a concept of mind game. Difficulties are a part of life, and unless you let go of it and positively face them, it will always come back to haunt you. Nevertheless, life is to be celebrated with no regrets because what have you got to lose?