Things to Avoid After IUI
In case you have opted for the Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) process, there are certain things that you have to avoid for a healthy and safe possibility of conception.
- It’s best to avoid travelling for more than 2 to 3 hours since there are chances of experiencing discomfort
- Sitting on the floor, leaning forward or backward hastily, or anything that puts pressure on the lower abdomen has to be avoided.
- Do not engage yourself in any heavy household activities because rest is all you need for the next few days.
- Lifting heavy weight and doing intense workouts may lead to cramping and damage the lining of the uterus, and hence has to be avoided.
- Stress can be the number one obstruction during the IUI procedure because it has a negative impact on the hormonal balance, so it’s important to stay positive and happy.
- Cramping and pains are completely common after IUI. You may be prompted to use painkillers, but that is a definite NO! So, make sure to refrain from using any medication other than your doctor’s prescription.
Even though the IUI procedure can be quite stressful, the best thing you can do is stay positive and relaxed and accept the flow of life.