Listed below are the top 5 precautions that you should follow when going through an IUI procedure to increase the chances of conception;
- Smoking and consuming alcohol will decrease the likelihood, so it’s better to avoid such practices throughout this journey.
- A healthy diet is a crucial influence on the success rate of IUI. Avoid eating junk and indulge in fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
- It’s best to abstain from having intercourse for at least 48 hours before and after the insemination to increase the chances of a positive outcome.
- Harmful radiations and handling of chemicals should be highly avoided after IUI.
- It might be a smart move if you could avoid swimming even though it might not directly interfere with the IUI, but it’s better to be safe than sorry!
However, the process of IUI can be quite emotionally draining, but it’s best to set realistic expectations and give it your best shot without losing hope.